DISCOVER OUR AMAZING PILBARA
Deep in the Hamersley Ranges at the foot of Mt Nameless (Jarndunmunha) you’ll find Tom Price – Western Australia’s highest town at 747m above sea level. It is a scenic town, named after an American geologist who played an important role in identifying the region’s enormous mineral wealth. Fully serviced with a range of accommodation, it is the perfect place to base yourself when planning to visit Karijini National Park.
- Sunrise & sunset at Mount Nameless/Jarndunmunha: 4kms from town, 1128m high with spectacular panoramic views of Tom Price and Rio Tinto Iron Mine (4WD track and walk trail access to summit)
- Karijini tours: Experience the wonder. Tours depart on demand during peak season, April – October.
- Rio Tinto open cut mine tours: Be awed by one of the world’s largest open cut mine and some of the largest iron ore-extracting machinery
- West Oz Active Tours: for an amazing adventurous experience in the deepest parts of Karijini!
- Flying Sandgroper Tours – half day or full day tours to Karijini – a lot of fun and great informative journey
- Visitor Centre: Drop in for abundant local information
- Facilities: Major supermarket, bank, doctor, service station, hardware, mechanics,Post Office, library, restaurants, BBQ’s, toilet, showers
- Medical: Doctor, hospital, chemist – Dial 000 for all emergencies
- Activities: Pool, tennis court, skate park, playgrounds, golf club and a variety of sports
- Temperature: Beware of extremes (from zero at night to up to 45°C)
- Stray animals: Be wary on roads
- Road conditions: Check current conditions, inform others of plans
- Mobile Coverage: Telstra strongest, others have limited coverage
- Creek beds: Never camp in dry creek beds due to flash flooding
- Tom Price Tourist Park
- Tom Price Hotel-Motel
- Windawarri Lodge
- Karijini Eco Retreat
WHERE TO NEXT?
You’ve done the red dirt Pilbara experience…head north for a bit of ocean breeze! Onslow Beach Resort and Mackerel Islands await you! Stop at Cheela Plains Station Stay on your way.
Free WiFi is available at the Tom Price Visitor Centre and Library
Business & Community Directory
For further information and businesses and community groups operating in Tom Price visit the Shire of Ashburton Directory