Deep in the Hamersley Ranges at the foot of Mt Nameless (Jarndunmunha) you’ll find Tom Price – Western Australia’s highest town at 747m above sea level. It is a scenic town, named after an American geologist who played an important role in identifying the region’s enormous mineral wealth. Fully serviced with a range of accommodation, it is the perfect place to base yourself when planning to visit Karijini National Park.
- Sunrise & sunset at Mount Nameless/Jarndunmunha: 4kms from town, 1128m high with spectacular panoramic views of Tom Price and Rio Tinto Iron Mine (4WD track and walk trail access to summit)
- Karijini tours: Experience the wonder. Tours depart on demand during peak season, April – October.
- Rio Tinto open cut mine tours: Be awed by one of the world’s largest open cut mine and some of the largest iron ore-extracting machinery
- West Oz Active Tours: for an amazing adventurous experience in the deepest parts of Karijini!
- Flying Sandgroper Tours – half day or full day tours to Karijini – a lot of fun and great informative journey
- Ride with Compasswest Helicopeters for the best views and a bit of adrenaline!
- Visitor Centre: Drop in for abundant local information
- Facilities: Major supermarket, bank, doctor, service station, hardware, mechanics,Post Office, library, restaurants, BBQ’s, toilet, showers
- Medical: Doctor, hospital, chemist – Dial 000 for all emergencies
- Activities: Pool, tennis court, skate park, playgrounds, golf club and a variety of sports
- Temperature: Beware of extremes (from zero at night to up to 45°C)
- Stray animals: Be wary on roads
- Road conditions: Check current conditions, inform others of plans
- Mobile Coverage: Telstra strongest, others have limited coverage
- Creek beds: Never camp in dry creek beds due to flash flooding
- Tom Price Tourist Park
- Tom Price Hotel-Motel
- Windawarri Lodge
- Karijini Eco Retreat
WHERE TO NEXT?
You’ve done the red dirt Pilbara experience…head north for a bit of ocean breeze! Onslow Beach Resort and Mackerel Islands await you!
Free WiFi is available at the Tom Price Visitor Centre and Library
Business & Community Directory
For further information and businesses and community groups operating in Tom Price visit the Shire of Ashburton Directory